First: Read the questions listed below
Second: Watch the three videos
Third: Using complete sentences, answer the questions below
- Describe your feelings after watching video #1. What caught your attention? What Science, Technology, Engineering and Math careers came to mind?
- Describe your feelings after watching video #2. Which celebrity comment did you relate to the most? What STEM careers came to mind during this video?
- Describe your feelings after watching video #3. Which part of the video did you relate to the most? What STEM careers came to mind during this video?
- I am interested/I am not interested in STEM because…
- The two STEM careers that most interest me are …
- The three careers that interest me most are …
- What are your biggest reservations (concerns, fears, apprehensions) when it comes to exploring STEM career fields?
- What would you most like to accomplish by attending this STEM program?
- What three inventions could you “not live without”? Why?
- How much money do you want to make a year? How much does that equate to per hour (based on a 40 hour/week work week).
- Would you like to have a separate, dedicated website for this STEM program?
- For this semester, what concept in MATH have you found to be most challenging?
- What concept in SCIENCE has been most difficult for you this semester?
- What are your Top-5 smartphone / tablet apps?
- If you could re-design or invent a new product, what would it be? Write a two-paragraph description of your invention or redesigned product idea.
STEM Motivational Video
STEM “My Robot is Better Than Your Robot”
STEM Most Astounding Fact by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Please Complete by Tuesday, 12/16/2014
Can be hand written or typed.